In the Library Technology Report “Rethinking Library Linking: Breathing New Life into OpenURL,” (vol. 46, no. 7), Cindi Trainor and Jason Price provide examples and strategies for improving the usability and functionality of a library's link resolver.
Topics covered Include:
- improving the resolver experience by adding services and streamlining access to fulltext
- using resolver reports to target problems
- testing a local resolver installation, analyzing and categorizing the results
- a prioritized top ten list of tasks a libraries can use to improve their link resolver
- an examination of the future of OpenURL and how it is being used outside libraries
Cindi Trainor is the Coordinator For Library Technology and Data Services at Eastern Kentucky University Libraries.
Jason Price is the Collections and Acquisitions Manager at the Claremont Colleges Library.
Buy Digital Copy
Buy Print Copy